The recent growth of ChatGPT continues to consume our feeds with endless posts on ‘how best to use it’ and ‘which sectors could benefit’ from it. So, instead of jumping in, I decided to take a step back from the shiny new toy, to see how AI impacts media planning.
It didn’t take long, as AI is already embedded in everything we do and has been for some time. We use it for ad personalisation, dynamic creative, audience targeting, analysing data to surface trends aiding with optimisation, weighting of budgets and measurement.
AI helps us make more informed decisions to increase the efficiency of our campaigns. One thing I have learned from our use of AI, is that it is only as good as the data that goes into it. It still requires a human sense check rather than letting it run autonomously.
I asked ChatGPT what its thoughts were:
- Audience targeting: AI algorithms can analyze vast amounts of data to determine the target audience for a particular product or service.
- Predictive analytics: AI can be used to analyze consumer behavior patterns and predict how they may respond to different types of media exposure. This information can be used to make informed decisions about the frequency, timing, and type of media exposure.
- Media optimization: AI algorithms can continuously monitor and adjust media exposure in real-time based on the effectiveness of previous campaigns. This can help optimize media exposure for maximum impact and minimize waste.
- Ad personalization: AI can be used to personalize ads for individual consumers based on their interests, behaviors, and demographic information. This can help increase engagement and conversions.
- Media measurement and attribution: AI algorithms can be used to accurately measure the impact of media exposure on consumer behavior, including which channels are driving conversions and which ones are not. This information can be used to make data-driven decisions about media planning and budget allocation.
After you get past the spelling variations, it would appear we are fully aligned already.
Maybe we’re in the Matrix…now to choose between the red or the blue pill…